Tuesday, December 15, 2020

My first balsa build Extra 330 from General Hobby

My first balsa plane turned out to be a winner. I bought this plane not too long ago before I decided to actually be brave and put it together. With no instruction, I took on the challenge to be thorough and do it correctly, I was unsure what correctly was. I figured I should make an unboxing video so that I had some fond memory.
I searched online and looked at several manuals that were of the similar model. None were exactly the same but each one had a similar part design with steps that I could use. I glued the hinges and mounted the motor. I glued and screwed rudder and wings simple enough!
I bought some K-Power servos off Ebay with some small hiccups. Two of the servos failed but I don't know if my wacky receiver is to blame, so no pointing finger from me. All in all, I think I made the right choice with this plane from General Hobby. I think it looks amazing. Can't wait to get her up in the air. Specifications: Wingspan 50''/1270mm Length: 45''/1145mm Wing Area: 489 sq in/31.5dm2 RTF Weight: 3.5Lbs/1590g Wing Loading: 16oz/sq ft/49g/dm2

No comments:

Post a Comment